Durable Crowns and Bridges in Sterling
Having decayed, damaged, or missing teeth can make you self-conscious about your smile. It can also make eating inconvenient and cause a host of serious dental health problems. The solution to a damaged smile can be found in quality dental restorations like crowns and bridges. At Sterling Dental Town, we offer customized dental crowns and bridges in Sterling to address both restorative and cosmetic dental issues.
Dr. Maryam Jamali and our skilled team take the time to assess your situation, recommend the best treatment option, and provide excellent care in a comfortable, non-judgmental environment. We use quality materials for beautiful and long-lasting results. One of our greatest joys is helping our patients achieve a lifetime of beautiful smiles and improved self-confidence. If you require a dental bridge or crown in Sterling, schedule your appointment with us today.
CALL US: (703) 444-5222 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a strong dental prosthetic affixed over a damaged or discolored tooth to improve and fix its function. It completely covers your natural tooth to provide strength, restore the shape and size of your tooth, and beautify your smile.
Our practice is metal-free and amalgam-free in all restorations we provide. That means our crowns are all crafted of lifelike tooth-colored ceramic and designed to mimic the appearance of your natural tooth. This allows us to improve your oral health without compromising the aesthetic appeal of your smile.
Reasons to Get a Dental Crown
During your appointment, we will assess your dental health and consult with you to determine whether or not you require a dental crown. Some of the common reasons we might recommend a crown are to:
- Restore a tooth that's unable to support a large filling
- Restore a fractured tooth or protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Rebuild a worn or misshapen tooth
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- Restore function to a tooth that had a root canal procedure
- Conceal cosmetic flaws and enhance the beauty of your smile
What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a custom-made dental restoration used to fill the space where one or more teeth are missing. It bridges a gap between two healthy teeth. A dental bridge consists of prosthetic teeth (pontics) that are held in place by neighboring healthy teeth (abutment teeth) on each side of the gap. We often use porcelain because it can aesthetically blend in with your natural teeth. A dental bridge is permanently cemented to the abutment teeth and can last for a decade or more with proper care.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
A missing tooth is more than a cosmetic concern. Your teeth are made to work together to help you speak, chew, and smile. Losing a tooth may cause nearby teeth to shift, affecting your bite and increasing the risk for dental problems. A dental bridge addresses such issues by:
- Restoring your speech and pronunciation
- Preventing adjacent teeth from moving out of the correct position
- Restoring the ability to properly chew and bite
- Prevent uneven wear on remaining teeth
Our Crown or Bridge Placement Process
The process of getting a dental crown or bridge begins with a consultation, where our dentist will examine your teeth, gums, jaws, and the overall state of your oral health. Based on the examination, she will determine the best treatment option. In some instances, we may need to perform root canal therapy or dental extraction, depending on the condition of your affected tooth or teeth.
Here's what you can expect from your crown or bridge treatment:
- The dentist will numb the treatment area with a local anesthetic.
- Next, she prepares the tooth or teeth by reshaping the enamel so that the dental restorations can be fitted.
- An impression of the treatment area is made and sent to a local lab where the customized crown or bridge is fabricated. It will take about two weeks for your final restoration to return to the office.
- Our dentist will provide you with a temporary crown or bridge to protect your teeth while the permanent restoration is being made.
- Once your crown or bridge is ready, you return to our office to have your restoration permanently bonded in place. We'll make any adjustments to ensure an optimal fit, and you'll be able to enjoy a fully renewed smile.
Implant-Supported Crowns and Bridges
In addition to conventional dental crowns and bridges, we also place implant-supported crowns and bridges to restore the aesthetic and functionality of your teeth. We surgically place titanium implant posts into your jaw and then place your crown or bridge to the posts to replace your missing teeth. Using an implant means that no healthy teeth need to be altered to support the restoration. Also, implants provide exceptional stability and prevent bone loss.
Your Trusted Dental Team for Sterling Crowns and Bridges
Dr. Jamali and our dedicated team at Sterling Dental Town are passionate about restoring or improving the health, function, and beauty of your smile. We use quality dental crowns and bridges to treat weak, damaged, or missing teeth so you can confidently smile in any situation. With a custom crown or bridge made from lifelike porcelain, you can enjoy a smile that looks and feels natural once more. Give our office a call to schedule your appointment today.
CALL US: (703) 444-5222 REQUEST APPOINTMENT